My Etsy!!!!

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Poison Ivy Sketch Card Commission


Well...you know the story already, but I'll repeat it anyway. Sketch card commission as part of a batman/dc themed series requested by my buddy chad. Super cool guy to work with. This one is of the lovely poison ivy done in that cutesy style I do.

Funny story how I started to do characters in this manner. I usually like the darker stuff, demons, blood & gore. Well I had a shop owner tell me that i would have to draw cuter stuff in order for him to carry my art...I of course thought it was lame..but I came up with this style. It took me a long time to get used to & even though its less detailed Its actually harder for me to do at times, but people tend to like it.

This one was done in watercolor & copic marker.

No comments: